Over the past two years, I’ve published many a post on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud blog. I don’t even know how many posts I’ve written. 100? 200? The word count I’ve logged must be in the tens of thousands.
Now that I’m doing more blogging on my personal site, I wanted to round up my favorite blog posts for Salesforce Marketing Cloud—just in case any readers of this blog are interested in what I’ve written elsewhere. I also included brief notes to explain why these posts were notable.
1. Interview with Bestselling Author John Green: Crash Course in Community Building and Content Creation Interviewing a New York Times best-selling author and digital media genius was a career highlight for me, a former English major and current digital marketer. Green is an inspiration to all of us who hope to make a living out of putting words together, and I was fortunate to be able to ask him some of my most pressing questions.
2. The 30 Most Brilliant Social Media Campaigns of 2014 (So Far) To my astonishment, this post has gone “viral,” as much as a post on a B2B marketing blog can (still not much by BuzzFeed standards, surely). No matter how creative I try to get, I can’t surpass the traffic this blog post gets every day.
3. By a Millennial: Here’s How Online Media Affected My Past 7 Purchases I had an idea to do a post like this while I was in the car during a 30-plus hour cross-country drive. I thought it was an interesting take on describing the path to purchase.
4. Brazilian Customer Journey Calendar: World Cup and Beyond Being a Brazilian dual citizen and a marketer, I got a kick out of creating a visual customer journey calendar for Brazilian marketers during that country’s time in the World Cup spotlight.
5. Good Beer Meets Great Content: Brewing Up the Best Content #Infographic Another fun visual, this one was in collaboration with Kapost. Craft beer and content marketing have more in common than you might think. I also love the brewery design, another stellar creation from design renaissance man Matt Wesson.
6. 30 Tips to Become a Healthier MarketerThis post shows you an early example of the health nerd inside me. (You’ll find her there underneath the peanut butter cup wrappers.) This was the third post in a three-part series, all of which you can read at the link.
7. 10 Mistakes Recent Grads Make in Job Interviews I’ve given many presentations to English and communications students at my alma mater, Anderson University. Mainly, I’ll talk to them about about career advice and resume-building. This post builds on some of those presentations.
8. The Best Advice from Female CMOs and Tech Execs Women in tech have unique and unfortunate barriers to their success, but many of them also have inspiring advice. I enjoyed compiling this list and hope to do a similar post with quotes from new leaders soon.
9. 13 Content Marketing Principles from Horror MoviesThe thirteen in the title was no accident.
10. Marketers: Do You Believe These Myths about Creativity? I enjoyed doing this interview with David Burkus, who wrote a fascinating book about creativity and the myths we believe about it.
11. 100 Stats About Social Media Around the World I also created the Slideshare for this post. My favorite part was learning about some of the social networks in Asia that boast millions of users, but aren’t familiar to most American marketers.
12. How An Offsite Meeting Brought New Life to “Frozen”: 9 Principles About Creativity from @DisneyPixar I worked at Disney World seasonally while in college, and I still have a real appreciation for the “magic” of Disney. Of course, now I know the magic is just a lot of really smart, really inventive marketing and storytelling.
13. Survey Says: Two Major Trends for Marketing in 2014 This post centered on findings from my team’s 2014 State of Marketing report, which was a major writing and editing project for me. I’m proud of working on something that influenced a lot of marketing planning meetings around the world.
14. Building Your Digital Audience #Infographic Another research piece. I was lucky to work with marketing mastermind and author Jeff Rohrs on this report, for which we created this supporting infographic.
15. The 30 Most Genius Content Marketing Examples of 2014 (So Far) This includes some of my favorite content marketing brands, like Google and Deus Ex Machina.
16. 2001, A Throwback Odyssey: 10 Amusing Tech Websites of the Past I love internet nostalgia.
17. 4 Things Content Marketers Can Learn from Bad ‘90s Chain EmailsSee previous explanation.
18. Guess Who You’ll See at Connections #Infographic #CNX14 Based on the general look of the board game Guess Who.
19. Digital Marketing Advice from Famous Authors Good, memorable advice is timeless. These authors are timeless, too.
20. 10 Things That Millennials in Marketing Like It seems like everyone wants to peer into the minds of millennials these days. I chose to dive into an even deeper subset: millennials in marketing.
If you’re keen on the digital marketing side of what I write, keep an eye on my Salesforce Marketing Cloud author page to see new articles.